Listen, are you looking for the best student printers? We have analyzed the best models on the market.
But first, we asked the students who follow us, and we decided (before listing our favorites), to put the ranking of the 2 most voted according to our readers.
The Best Student Printers you can buy
If you only need one printing function, the HP Deskjet 2630 is a very affordable and worthwhile option.
If you really have a tight budget, there is no better option.
- The size is also very compact, and installation is quick and easy.
- You can print in both black and color ink. Also, the quality is surprisingly good considering the low cost of this printer.
- To save money in the long run, you can use optional third-party high yield ink cartridges.
- Like the HP OfficeJet series, this student printer is Energy Star certified.
- This means that it is a low consumption device that does not waste electricity.
- Setting up the printer on your computer is pretty easy, but you will need a CD drive to install the software, something not all notebooks have today.
However, you can also download the drivers from the HP website to print your documents on time.
The biggest drawback of this printer is that it cannot print wirelessly.
You will need to connect using the printer’s USB cable and unfortunately, it is not included.
For the college student on a tight budget, who doesn’t mind cable printing and doesn’t need a scanner or copier, the basic but reliable HP Deskjet 2630 would be the best choice.
Epson Expression ECOTank
One of the biggest frustrations of owning a printer is running out of ink and having to think about how to change ink cartridges.
- These Epson student printers offer cartridge-free printing and include up to 2 years of ink.
- It has the capacity to print up to 4,000 pages with black ink and up to 6,500 with color ink, which would be equivalent to about 20 cartridges of black or color ink.
- This Epson ink system offers great value to the world of printers.
- When the time comes to refill the ink, all you have to do is buy these bottles, which are surprisingly low priced, and easily fill the tank.
- You can see the open ink tank on the right side.
Ink is not the only thing that stands out in this printer, since it also has integrated wireless technology and Wi-Fi Direct, which allows you to easily print your documents from your computer, iPad, iPhone, or any Android tablet or smartphone.
You can also print wirelessly without the need for a specific Wi-Fi system.
This 3-in-1 printer/scanner/copier is relatively compact, so it won’t take up much space, even in a small room.
The Epson Expression ECOTank is not the printer you are going to use to print your wedding invitations, but it is the perfect printer to meet the typical printing needs of a college student, especially thanks to its low-cost tag system.
HP Envy 5030
This printer also offers very fast print speeds, support for a wide range of paper sizes, and also offers the ability to print high-quality, borderless photos.
With a subscription, your printer will automatically order the ink you need, and they will send it home for just € 2.99 per month.
This will prevent the college student’s worst nightmare, running out of ink the night before the deadline for a major project.
Are you a user of the assistant Alexa?
- Alexa can provide many facilities for your academic life, especially when connected with other devices.
- Some student printers are compatible with the Alexa assistant, an excellent option to be able to print wirelessly using your voice.
- Even if you are not an Alexa user, this printer offers you a series of very practical functions. One of them is Instant Ink.
- The HP Envy 5055 also features dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart, making it easy to print wirelessly from multiple devices.
- With the HP Smart app, you can even print directly from a social media account or a cloud service such as Dropbox, iCloud, or Google Drive.
Due to its low price, its good quality is surprising, especially in photo printing.
The printer is Energy Star certified and has a one-year limited warranty with free web support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The HP Envy 5055 offers fast and easy wireless printing, along with an ink system that works with a subscription service. This system can be expensive, but it ends up being very practical.